Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

A personal observation of change

I have people who come over to my house all the time: to watch movies or sports, or to meet up and go for a run. Many of them bring in with them their keys and phones. Some bring their dogs. But one person in particular always brings in.... his plastic water bottle ( DUN DUN DUNNNN ). At first it drove me crazy that a different plastic water bottle would always be left sitting on my coffee table when I woke up the next morning (I don't use or purchase plastic water bottles unless I have no other choice. I carry around a reusable water bottle).

I finally asked him to please start taking his water bottles with him.

He said ok.

I said to make sure that he recycled them.

He said he didn't have recycling.

I have now agreed he can leave all his water bottles here and I will recycle them for him.

To do the math: he comes over 2-3 times a week with a water bottle each time. That's approximately 12 plastic water bottles a month. 144 bottles a year.... all that were going in to the trash but I now recycle for him. Needless to say he is getting a filtered water bottle for his birthday.

Now that ladies and gentleman is a step towards change. If you don't think one person's water bottle makes a difference; you're wrong.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment